Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Suprise, it's a .....

I finished the BSJ-minus the buttons-this past weekend! The body knitting was the easy part, and I left off the button placket and decided to use an i-cord edge all the way around the body. This proved to be slightly more difficult than I had anticipated, or maybe I was more tense when I started the edging, but it started to pucker and then I had to take it out and re-knit the front right edge. I used kitchener stitch to join the pieces, since it was in an obvious spot right on the front, and I think once I add the buttons it will be invisible. I love the way the colors turned out, still contemplating whether or not to lengthen the sleeves-I stuck the sweater on a newborn size doll, and it is too short (I think the arms on the doll are pretty comparable to real baby arms).
In other news (Jenn, sit down), it only seems fair to share that all of this baby knitting is actually for me and the baby girl I am expecting in December! Life doesn't always play out like we plan, but I am VERY excited and super grateful for all of the family and friends that have been immensely supportive as I transition back to being single at the same time I am preparing to meet the little lady that has been practicing her soccer moves on my ribcage. Aside from anticipating her winter arrival (good news for our family, we have too many Spring birthdays as it is), I am also super excited because there are so many more adorable winter knits!
There you have it, the fifteenth member of the Thetford cousins clan is expected to arrive December 12, 2011 (although the date changes depending on the doctor-she's a big girl already!)

3 comments:

justjenn said...

Holy crap!! You are right...I'm glad I was sitting down.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are going to be the best mama ever! You are a good secret keeper. I can't wait to knit something for little miss. December is just around the corner.

procrastaknitter said...

I was sprinkling little hints around for months on end, but I think that just about everyone in the family knows now! I was waiting until wedding and then baby Owen fever had died down before letting all the siblings know (Debbie has known since May, she's a GREAT secret keeper). I didn't want to do the generic FB announcement, thought I would personalize each announcement as much as I could-and I knew that you actually read my blog! I am so excited, and have been knitting like a mad fool (between work and randomly falling asleep), and she will definitely be fitted out all the time in mama-made knits!

justjenn said...

She is going to be one lucky little lady! And think of all the hand-me-downs. Wow. See it pays to have breeders in the family. ;)