Saturday, September 3, 2011

On to the BSJ!

I finally picked up some Eucalan to soak my Holden Shawlette yesterday (HAD to get rid of that lingering campfire smell!) and got it all laid out and pinned to the floor in the spare room. I had ordered blocking wires, but then they emailed me that were out of stock, and the local yarn store Canvas Works does not carry blocking wires- I had to settle for regular old stainless straight pins. I can't wait to unpin it and wear it, though, because I think it looks absolutely gorgeous. As usual, the picture does not do justice to the finished project, and the colors are really off because the lighting was not good, but here she is:
I also am trekking right through this cute little Baby Surprise Jacket using Deborah Norville Serenity Sock and size 4 needles. It should be the perfect size for a newborn, and with the yarn left over I will maybe try out some baby leggings or tights (suggestions, please!)

1 comment:

justjenn said...

I love the shawl. I haven't had time to knit lately so I'm living vicariously through you.