Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rhapsody's tights, among other things....


So, I have been obsessed with getting thesse tights perfect PERFECT PERFECT, so they don't do that characteristic tight thing-you know, how on all babies and toddlers the crotch seems to fall somewhere between the knees and the diaper? In any case, I measured and remeasured the length and circumference of five points on Rhapsody's leg, but somehow, after the first leg was off the needle and I was well onto the second leg, I realized that the first leg wasn't quite long enough. Is that from the fabric not stretching up because it was stretched around, or is that because one of her legs is significantly different than the other? Of course its the first reason, but I hate to admit my mistakes.....but heres the pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. And just for the record-the feet do fit, even though in that picture it looks like the toe is flopped over-she was curling her toes and it created the flap effect. I have exactly eight days to get things straightened out, before I can go back to working on other things, like spending my earned store credit at Diva Yarn, maybe to get the yarn to make the Koolhaas Hat by Jared Flood?
And by the way, I am still wholly addicted to Ravelry-my god, everyone is on there!!!

No comments: