Saturday, October 15, 2016

I Love Yarn

There's a whole day dedicated to yarn. Today. National I Love Yarn Day.
I wish I could dedicate ten minutes of today to yarn, and the sweater I am currently knitting for Grandpa J. But you know, Life happens, and today my life happens to include my brother's sons, because he had to work an early shift and didn't have a babysitter, so I inherited his little darlings last night. I currently have a 3 year old, a 4 year old, and a 5 year old happily destroying my daughters bedroom, the living room, and the dining room. There are three puzzles dumped together on the floor, there is an abandoned animal tea party happening on the dining room table, and no one is wearing a shirt. I have made breakfast three times, for all three of them. So I've accepted that very little yarn-loving will happen today, and the only reason I even had time to look at my blog was because a silly little reminder popped up on my phone calendar. A reminder that I started my blog to share about knitting, and the very least I could do is recognize when knitting related days roll around. So there it is, my 4 minute break from the chaos.
Go forth and knit, or at the very least play with your yarn.

No comments: