Friday, February 4, 2011

And so it goes...


Knitting is my favorite second thing to do. I love that I can knit while sitting through meetings, or while stuck in traffic on I-5. I can knit while waiting for the dentist to call me back, or while watching a movie. It is never the only thing I do, but it is always there and ready to keep my hands occupied while my brain, eyes, or mouth are also otherwise occupied.

Lately, I feel like I haven't done that much knitting, but then today I took a peek at my recent projects. I have TWO pairs of socks going right now, one on size 2 needles and the other on size 4 needles-this should technically count as four projects, seeing as how I am knitting them using the two at a time method. I also found some fantastically colored acrylic yarn, very reasonably priced and just the right gauge for making that adorable Chiton Pullover from the latest issue of Knitscene. Because I have never worked with this yarn before, we'll see how it goes as far as drape and hand, but I am always up for a challenge. The belt is just cast on, with about two inches of garter into the necessary 55 inches.

Stay tuned, because I will post the pattern for mom's birthday present after Sunday, February 6th (once I have had a chance to gift it to her)!

No comments: