Friday, July 9, 2010

My first Baby Suprise Jacket!

Just last night, while sipping Mojitos at the Brotherhood in downtown Olympia during this fantastically sweaty weather we are having, I finished my first BSJ! I am not quite as ecstatic as some previous BSJ knitters have been, but it is pretty awesome that all that garter stitch and increase/decrease madness turns into this adorable little sweater. I still have to sew the shoulder seams and then find the perfect buttons, but otherwise DONE! Here, have a looksie:

My mind has already begun imagining other possibilities and yarns and gauges (can this be knit in stockinette stitch?), but for now I will be happy that this one is done and move onto more exciting knitting-like birthday crowns for coworkers!

2 comments:

justjenn said...

Love, love, love the colors!

procrastaknitter said...

Knit Picks Imagination, Frog Prince colorway. If you haven't yet discovered Knit Picks, consider yourself lucky-it is way too easy to imagine knitting beautiful projects using all of their fantastically priced yarns, so much so that you just spent 200 dollars on more yarn that you can hide from your husband :)