Wednesday, June 6, 2007

return to the land of alpaca yarn.....

Today-actually about 12 minutes ago-I found out that I had received a scholarship to study in Peru next Fall....it is not by chance that I applied for this particular scholarship in that particular country. For those of you who actually read your yarn labels, about 70% of the beautiful animal fibers that we love to knit with come from....drumroll please....PERU! A couple of months ago I had my first love affair with a country, because not only do Peruanos knit constantly, the men knit in public (and quite a bit more than the women, coincidentally), and if you are in the right place at the right time, you can make some wicked scores. My best find in the ten days I was there was an enormous 5,000 yard cone of buttery soft PoppyRed alpaca yarn, directly from the farm...I actually purchased a new duffel bag just to bring it back stateside, as my carry on of course. So, to avoid me dragging this on any longer (I still can't believe how much yarn I brought back) I will cut myself off and go search for international shipping rates....

No comments: