Monday, June 18, 2007

another oneskein bag

I am slowly but surely falling in love with Leigh Radford's designs. I made another of the one skein bags, the one that is pictured below in Red/Brown, with a few modifications. First of all, the bag is lovely, but not big enough for my MaryPoppinsEntourage of Goodies that is with me at all times-this problem was solved by double the number of pleats to make room. Secondly, the bag is knit on large(r) needles that I would normally work with, and I was afraid that things would start slipping out between the stitches-so I lined the whole shebang with gold silk(also gives it a designer feel!) This time around I left the world of animal fibers and worked with that kitschy recycled silk (that constantly breaks (argh)) and a silk-rayon-pretty-because-its-shiny ivy green yarn that I had hiding in the bottom of one of my yarn bins. I LOVE THE RESULT!!!

P.S. I am getting excited about my upcoming trip, considering taking along some of my pattern books so I can get them autographed-I am truly a knitgeek!

No comments: