Saturday, June 1, 2013

Yay summer!

I know it isn't technically summer yet, but the sun is shining, it's June, and I am feeling particularly optimistic about everything in general. I am just ending an extended knitting hiatus, frogged the bejeezus out of about five works-in-progress and am starting fresh. That super cute flower petal hat from the previous post was my undoing, literally, and I pulled it apart and started knitting the Victorian Lace Baby Shrug instead. It was a weird funk, an inability to pick up my needles and want to knit so I just didn't touch my yarn for weeks. Now that that's all over, I am suddenly inspired to make all sorts of new things and even went so far as to sign up for a Mystery Knit Along on Craftsy! The designer is Stefanie Japel, and since I have kind of been internet stalking her for the last 8 years and like most of what she creates, I thought it would be a fun way to complete a project.
I don't have any pictures to share at this point because my laptop will only function in safe mode (I am debating paying for hard disk repair, or buying a new tablet), but I did knit that previously pictured WSU Cougar yarn into some golf club covers for my brother- which he loved.
Happy almost-Summer!

No comments: