Thursday, March 8, 2012

knitting for a cause

I know it has only been 4 days since I last wrote (which is some sort of a record for me lately), but this deserved its own mention. I was sorting through work emails and noticed 'knit' in the subject line, which NEVER happens on work related email. Naturally, I opened the email and found information about a charity knitting opportunity-Click for Babies- knitting purple hats for babies to raise awareness about shaken baby syndrome. This is a subject that personally scares the hell out of me, because I can not imagine how tragic it would be to lose a child. I have had a couple of moments where I needed to put Sureya in her crib and go to the other room because I was overwhelmed by crying, and that is exactly the mission of this campaign- to remind parents and caregivers to walk away instead of get frustrated. Now I have a new goal-to knit at least 2 hats for them. What do you say, do you think you could knit or crochet a couple too?

No comments: