Wednesday, November 11, 2009

back on the stateside of things..

Yeah, working on back into a working schedule leaves me little time for much else. While in Peru I cleaned out a central market stall of their Indiecita baby alpaca DK yarn in deep eggplant-y purple, at an amazing price (9 nuevo soles, approximately 3 US dollars) Finished knitting a baby kimono for Fumi's babygirl to be, the rest will be saved for something for me...
Also picked up more laceweight alpaca, without labels but amazing for socks of every size as long as its doubled (this was a ridiculously well priced 100 grams for about 25 soles/8.5 US dollars)
I loved gifting some of the knits I had made for the family, and my grandpa went out on a limb and even purchased himself a hat while hanging out with the animals during one of our daily Cusco hikes.

check out the flickr badge for pictures of the most recent knits....

2 comments:

lisa said...

hi. i made your slant bag and asked a friend to
crochet it together. she was confused as to how to get the sides of the bag connected to the handle without pinching the sides of the bag closed to attach to the handle as the handle goes up and over. At the top of the bag. Am I making myself clear? I love the bag and hope it turns out as nice as yours. thanks for your help.

procrastaknitter said...

Lisa, I am not a crocheter so I regretfully can not explain the process in crochet terms, other than I used single crochet to join the bag to the sides-if you lay the bag strap and the bag side by side, line up the turning ridge at the bottom with the bottom corner of the strap, join with single crochet up to the turning ridge at the top, turn in the flaps towards the center of the straps, crochet across them, then back down the other side to the bottom turning ridge and across the bottom of the strap. Or you could go in the other direction, whichever suits your liking. Hopefully that helps?