Saturday, October 20, 2007

mini-mittens, and more

These were a happenstance project, the product of seeing the yarns snuggled together in a ziploc baggie-not enough of either blues to make the fingerless gloves, so I snuck in some of the grey mohair from the mohair hoodie project. Which, by the way, is back out of the drawer (again) and this morning I cast on for both sleeves. If I am going to take my sweet time finishing this sweater, at least both sleeves will be done at the same time-also prevents me from making huge increase or decrease errors between the two. As soon as I finished the mini-mittens, I immediately cast on for another of the cadet hats, this one burgandy Merino Stretch-I´ve been looking for a project to fit this clearance bin yarn I picked up in Bellingham, and this may be it.
So, here are two photos, because the colors look different against the back grounds. BUT I am conspicuously holding the second mitten, just so you know that it is done.
Pattern:Interweave Knits, Spring 2007, Rib and Cable Mittens
Contrast Blue(edges)Fancy Image Yarns, dk weight
Main Blue(body)Frog Tree Alpaca, sport weight
Grey(top)Cascade Leisure, worsted weight

No comments: