Monday, September 24, 2007

On the needles...

I must come to terms with my progress to date. I already know that I have too many projects on needles, but maybe if I post pictures you can all see where I am, and continue to pester me until they are complete. If you are a member of the immediate family/friends circle, I apologize if you are seeing your own Christmas in January present.

1. The rib/cable socks grow by a few rounds everyday, slowly nearing completion. Paul’s black socks honestly just saw the light of day for the first time in I don’t know how long, and I knit six or seven rows of the heel flap just for grins and giggles. At least I am working them both at the same time, to cut down on Second Sock Syndrome.

2. The Red Scarf Project sees the most action right now, since I take it to school with me to knit during recess. The blue & green mohair leaves was an ambitious start, but I’ve only added one row since last week.

3. The grey mohair hoodie, as you can see, has everything from the armpit down. I just ripped out the sleeves that I had started, because I decided I didn’t want a fitted cuff, rather a bell shaped sleeve with some ribbing, possibly.

4. The cadet hat looks fabulous, but I am still trying decide how I want to shape the top-possibly some cables worked in the deep ribbing or something of that sort. Once these decisions are made, the last two projects will once again see some action.
Actually, just writing this gave me some ideas for the sweater-see, I was right-just bringing them out gives them life. If only I could figure out a way to knit all day, and never get tired fingers or back cramps. At least I have Dona Juana and her cousin Flor to ask me daily whether or not the socks are finished, since there is no point to only having one sock (in their 81yr old opinions; they’ve never knit socks before!)
P.S. In the 20 minutes it took this computer to download photos, I added another 15 rows to the red scarf. Speed is not of the essence down here.

No comments: