Friday, October 28, 2011

those baby bloomers!


I don't know why it is that I love these utterly impractical things so much, but I finally finished the ruffled baby bloomers last night. While sitting in my soon-to-be-new-mothers breastfeeding class. Which of course caused all sorts of interuptions as I sewed up the side seams and people started to realize what they were looking at...
I used the Baby Abby Ruffled Bloomers pattern from the Lion Brand website, but with modifications (of course). Since my own baby will wear cloth diapers, I figured she need more room underneath so I eliminated the drastic waist shaping and made it more straight up and down from the waistband to the leg openings. I also added a few short rows after the ruffles on the backside, to accomodate said cloth diapers. I am still debating on whether or not to add ribbing or ruffles to the leg openings (the pattern has directions for either option) but overall a quick cute knit. I used Online Solo color 12 for the ruffles, and Vickie Howell Sheep(ish) Yarn in color Grey(ish) for the body.

p.s. for Jenn: I purposely avoided including the dolls' face in these pictures, I didn't want to upset you as we head into the weekend! :-)

2 comments:

justjenn said...

*swoon*

Those are lovely. Purple is my favorite color on little girls, too.

And THANK YOU for sparing me the creepy baby face. No, really, thank you.

Jenni said...

One day Jenn you will own your very own ugly baby and display her with pride.