Thursday, September 30, 2010

the longest, most rambling post this month

its been a busy few days.

First of all, I finished the first of the older nieces' Grace Lace berets. Then I accidentally told her about it, because I sent the picture to her mothers cellphone (during church) and she informed me that she had the cellphone in the nursery with her younger sisters. She promised to pretend to be surprised on Christmas.

Then I got ridiculously sick with fever and coughing and general delirium before I finally agreed to go to the clinic for a checkup on Tuesday-"for an adult body to be at 103 degrees, you are seriously sick and have been ineffectively managing your symptoms" Honestly, that's what the doctor said to me before prescribing various antibiotics and reminding me to eat (I've lost 4 lbs in 4 days). Well, since I have antibiotics I must now be well enough to go shopping, right? So I immediately headed to Fancy Image Yarn in Shelton, because I needed two things: yarn,





and some assistance with writing my own pattern. While picking up my prescriptions at Target, I saw this sweater:

It's not much to look at, and the picture is not in the best light, but I saw its potential. Shaping-good, Design-challenging, Yarn-horrible, Color-uninspiring, Construction-pitiful. I saw this as an excellent challenge for my sweater knitting skills, so I took a million pictures, drew a childish design template,and will work on this using the rest of my red sportweight alpaca from that first trip to Peru, after I finish with Chritmas knitting.





But, as you should know by now, I can't work on just one thing at a time. Remember that fish bracelet I mentioned awhile back? Well, sick time afforded me the chance to get this done:





And right after I finished that, I flipped through my newest book, just arrived from the not-local-online-bargain-book-site:

chose a pattern, and then ran by JoAnn Fabric just before I went to the gym last night to choose some fabrics.

What do you think?

1 comment:

justjenn said...

Love the yarn. Totally impressed by the mere thought of writing your own pattern. Swooning over fishy bracelet.

Fever sounds yucky! Glad you are better.